Planned Parenthood® Mid-Hudson Valley (PPMHV) has an opening for a Clinician. In collaboration with the Medical Director, the Nurse Practitioner, or Physicians Assistant functions in an expanded role in the area of ambulatory reproductive health care. The philosophy of the health centers is that everyone is responsible for, and participates in, PPMHV’s attainment in annual health center fiscal goals in revenue, expenses, and contribution margin as well as meeting established quality and productivity benchmarks. The clinician is expected to demonstrate flexibility and teamwork; understand the interaction between his/her position and others with whom he/she works directly or indirectly. All interactions should incorporate PPMHV values of integrity, partnership, customer focus, communication, and quality. This position is highly visible with extensive client contact.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for ensuring optimal patient flow and service excellence
- Pursues additional training to increase the number of services provided to our patients
- Provide appropriate CPT, ICD10, and E&M codes for the visit as documented
- Demonstrates flexibility and teamwork
- Working within the context of affiliate medical protocols, this position will provide primary reproductive health care for patients of all ages and the provision of responsive, patient-centered services.
- Secures an appropriate health history based on the nature of the visit; performs physical examinations with special emphasis on the reproductive system; performs, orders, and interprets diagnostic studies as indicated and permitted by affiliate medical protocols.
- Provides relevant health instruction to include family planning, nutrition, sexual counseling, and principles of health promotion and maintenance
- Provides relevant counseling to include pregnancy options including all methods of abortion and referrals as necessary
- Collaborates with the health team and other community agencies and resources through joint planning and coordination of activities, in providing comprehensive care.
- Provides education and appropriate management for women and men in need of reproductive related services, including fertility control, infertility, and sexually transmitted infections.
- Provides medication abortion after training
- Participates in peer review program
- Ensures that all customer service and productivity indicators are met
- Recognizes ethical, legal, and professional issues inherent in providing care to women and men throughout the life cycle.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements
- Accepts individual and joint responsibility for, and participates in PPMHV’s attainment of annual health center fiscal goals in revenue, expenses and contribution margin as well as meeting established benchmarks
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- License or certification as Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in NYS.
- Graduate of approved program in discipline: NP or PA.
- Eligibility for Medicare billing strongly preferred
- Eligibility and willingness to provide reproductive health services to male and female patients of all ages
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a multidisciplinary team
- Strong communication skills
- Understanding of OSHA; HIPAA; Infection Control
- Experience in women’s health preferred
- Electronic Medical Records experience strongly preferred
- Experience in medical office care preferred
- Current BLS required
- Intermediate computer skills required
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
DAYS AND LOCATION:
- Tuesdays in Kingston
- Second day (FLOAT) to be determined based on the needs of the agency
**** *Must be flexible with hours/days, as they may change based on business needs.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to e-mail their resume for immediate consideration to [email protected].
***No phone calls please***
PPMHV is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, people of color, and LGBTQ are encouraged to apply.