Planned Parenthood Mid-Hudson Valley (PPMHV) provides high quality, nonjudgmental reproductive health care; promotes responsible and healthy sexuality; advocates for access to comprehensive health care; committed to transgender affirming care; and supports those affected by sexual violence. In support of our mission and under the supervision of the Director of Clinical Services, the Care Coordinator will coordinate patient care between community medical partners, pharmacies, and community based organizations.
- Assists patients through the healthcare system by acting as a patient advocate
- Supports patient self-management of disease and behavior modification interventions
- Maintains familiarity with EHR scheduling, EHR tasking/actions, inbox/workflow, EHR follow-up templates and EHR communication templates
- Communicates with other health care providers and organizations to schedule appointments; obtain consult letters & records and assigns for clinical review.
- Facilitates referral appointments as necessary; maintains familiarity with referral resources for all centers
- Handles pre-authorization requests for medication and other needs for PPMHV patients
- Takes medical calls from patients and handles as appropriate within his or her scope or transfers to nurse or clinician as appropriate
- Coordinates continuity of patient care with patient (and family, when applicable) following hospital admission, discharge and ER visits.
- Serves as a point of contact, advocate, and informational resource for patient (and family if indicated)
- Works closely with Transgender Health Program Director and Medical Director to obtain appropriate signatures and notarizations for patient letters. Performs clerical aspects required to ensure that the letters are documented in the EHR and mailed.
Counseling & Education
- Provides information and education on various topics that patients call about, including reproductive health, primary and transgender care within scope of training. Refers appropriately when additional information is needed ensuring all patient questions are answered
- Schedules patient/family for affiliate and community health education sessions
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Associate Degree with one-year experience in care coordination High School Diploma or GED with three-year experience in care coordination
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, preferred
- Valid driver’s license required; Reliable transportation; daily use of vehicle required
**The position will be a part time (20 hours per week) position**
If you believe that you have the experience and qualifications for this position, and would like to be considered, please email an updated resume, and a cover letter with salary expectation to [email protected] by December 22 , 2017.
The position will be posted both internally and externally.
Planned Parenthood® Mid-Hudson Valley is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply.