Girls and Boys Guides include materials to help boys and girls and the adults who love them learn about issues related to puberty. They come with wonderful booklets that are specially designed to speak to pre-teens in a language they can understand. The materials address body changes, helping young people separate fact from fiction.
Growing Up: A Girl’s Guide is a package of “need to know” information for girls ages 8 to 12. Each kit contains:
- A journal full of facts, stories from older girls, a calendar to track periods, and ideas for celebrating growing up events
- An easy to read book about how female bodies work, about getting and staying healthy and how to find answers to personal care questions. NOTE: THIS BOOK IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE, GIRL'S GUIDE SELLING AT REDUCED RATE (see purchase cost below)
- An adult guide with tips on talking with girls about puberty as a loving rite of passage
- A neon pink pencil to encourage girls to share their thoughts and feelings in the journal
Growing Up: A Boy’s Guide is a package of “need to know" information for boys ages 8 to 12. Each kit contains:
- A spiral bound booklet full of facts, rituals from other cultures, discussions on pressure and taking risks, and comments on “what it means to be a man”
- An easy to read book with answers to questions boys find hard to ask—about their bodies, about girls, about being kind and responsible—and an adult guide with tips on talking with boys about puberty as a loving rite of passage
- An adult guide with tips on talking with boys about puberty as a loving rite of passage
Young People's Comments
“I learned a lot about my body and how it works.”
“I really feel less scared now that I know what is normal.”
Parent and Grandparent Comments
“The kits made bringing up the subject of puberty so much easier.”
“Every household with kids should have these resources.”
Ready to Order?
Girl's Guides - $5 each + shipping & handling (quantity discounts available)
Boy's Guides - $10 each + shipping & handling (quantity discounts available)
Call 616-774-7005 to order your Growing Up Guides.