MEMPHIS, TN — Planned Parenthood Greater Memphis Region (PPGMR) is celebrating National Women’s Health Week by offering some free services at its health center at 1407 Union Avenue, Suite 300, during National Women’s Health Week, May 10-14, 2010.
National Women’s Health Week is a weeklong national health observance designed to empower women to make their health a top priority. All women are encouraged to take the following simple steps for a longer, healthier and happier life:
• Get an annual checkup
• Schedule recommended preventive screenings
• Practice safe sex to prevent sexually transmitted infections
• Use birth control when appropriate to prevent unintended pregnancies.
PPGMR is proud to help women achieve these goals by offering the following free services in its health center at 1407 Union Avenue, Suite 300, between the hours of 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.:
• Monday, May 10, 2010 – Free emergency contraception and free women’s health information sessions. No appointment is needed!
• Tuesday, May 11, 2010 – Free sexually transmitted disease (STD) testing (including tests for gonorrhea, Chlamydia and HIV). No appointment is needed!
• Thursday, May 13, 2010 – Free well-woman exams with free 3-month supply of birth control. (Appointment needed. Please call (901) 725-1717 or schedule online at www.ppgmr.org.)
For more information about the National Women’s Health Week activities, visit our website at www.ppgmr.org.
Planned Parenthood Greater Memphis Region (PPGMR), founded in 1938, is an affiliate of Planned Parenthood Federation of America. PPGMR’s mission is to ensure broad public access to reproductive and related health care through clinic services, education, advocacy and community partnerships in serving 42 counties in West Tennessee, North Mississippi and East Arkansas.
Director of Community Affairs
May 05, 2010