"Let us pick up our books and our pens, they are the most powerful weapons."
- Malala Yousafzai
As an organization focusing on reproductive health - through healthcare, sexuality education, and advocacy - we felt it was important to develop additional ways to engage our community of supporters in conversation. We hope this forum will provide each of you with an opportunity to stay engaged with PPGMR and feminism in an atmosphere where feminists of all types can learn, share, and grow together.
- January 28, 2018 from 1:00-2:30pm at French Truck Coffee inside Crosstown Concourse discussing "The Female of the Species" by Mindy McGinnis
- December 16, 2017 - ""Lady Killers: Deadly Women Throughout History" by Tori Telfer
- November 18, 2017 - "We Were Feminists Once" by Andi Zeisler
- October 8, 2017 - "Life's Work: A Moral Argument for Choice" by Willie Parker
- August 27, 2017 - "This Is How It Always Is" by Laurie Frankel
- July 23, 2017 - "Who Thought This Was a Good Idea? And Other Questions Your Should Have Answers to When You Work in the White House" by Alyssa Mastromonaco
- June 17, 2017 - Wonder Woman film and "The Secret History of Wonder Woman" by Jill Lepore
- June 4, 2017 - "Difficult Women" by Roxane Gay
- April 30, 2017 - "The Handmaid's Tale" by Margaret Atwood
- March 26, 2017 - "Juliet Takes a Breath" by Gabby Rivera
- February 26, 2017 - "Break in Case of Emergency" by Jessica Winter
- January 7, 2017 - "Hidden Figures" Margot Lee Shetterly
- December 3, 2016 - "The Mothers" by Brit Bennett
- October 30, 2016 - "Americanah" by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- September 22, 2016 - "My Life on the Road" by Gloria Steinem
- August 6, 2016 - "Only Ever Yours" by Louise O'Neill
If you purchase your book online, be sure to use AmazonSmile in order to benefit Planned Parenthood Greater Memphis Region with each purchase!