"Let us pick up our books and our pens, they are the most powerful weapons."
- Malala Yousafzai
As an organization focusing on reproductive health - through healthcare, sexuality education, and advocacy - we felt it was important to develop additional ways to engage our community of supporters in conversation. We hope this forum will provide each of you with an opportunity to stay engaged with PPGMR and feminism in an atmosphere where feminists of all types can learn, share, and grow together.
- August 27, 2017 from 1:30-3:00pm at Frost Bake Shop discussing "This Is How It Always Is" by Laurie Frankel
- October 8, 2017 from 1:30-3:00pm at El Mezcal (Union) discussing "Life's Work: A Moral Argument for Choice" by Willie Parker
- July 23, 2017 - "Who Thought This Was a Good Idea? And Other Questions Your Should Have Answers to When You Work in the White House" by Alyssa Mastromonaco
- June 17, 2017 - Wonder Woman film and "The Secret History of Wonder Woman" by Jill Lepore
- June 4, 2017 - "Difficult Women" by Roxane Gay
- April 30, 2017 - "The Handmaid's Tale" by Margaret Atwood
- March 26, 2017 - "Juliet Takes a Breath" by Gabby Rivera
- February 26, 2017 - "Break in Case of Emergency" by Jessica Winter
- January 7, 2017 - "Hidden Figures" Margot Lee Shetterly
- December 3, 2016 - "The Mothers" by Brit Bennett
- October 30, 2016 - "Americanah" by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- September 22, 2016 - "My Life on the Road" by Gloria Steinem
- August 6, 2016 - "Only Ever Yours" by Louise O'Neill
More details on book choices, events, and other feminist/literary news can be found on our Facebook group page- Memphis Feminist Book Club.
If you purchase your book online, be sure to use AmazonSmile in order to benefit Planned Parenthood Greater Memphis Region with each purchase!