If you have any questions regarding these instructions or your appointment please do not hesitate to contact us at 1-800-258-4448, option 2, Monday-Friday from 8:00am-6:00pm and Saturday from 8:00am-3:00pm.
Preparing for Your Appointment
- On the day of your appointment, please plan to be at our facility for approximately three hours.
- You will receive a call from one of our staff members offering an information session over the phone or video a few days prior to your appointment. Ideally, this information session would take place the day before your in-clinic appointment. During this session, a Health Care Assistant will ask about your medical and social history, go over consent forms, explain in detail what to expect in the clinic and at home with this type of abortion, and answer any questions you may have.
- The video or phone call will last approximately half an hour. You can do it from anywhere as long as you have internet connection or access to a phone and a safe space to talk.
- You may schedule your information session today by calling 800-258-4448. If you are unable to complete your info session beforehand, you may do so in person the day of your appointment. Please plan to spend an extra hour at the health center to complete this part of your visit.
- We recommend that you eat lightly prior to your appointment to help prevent potential nausea from occurring after administration of the first medication.
- Please refrain from all alcoholic beverages and any non prescription drugs for 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- Please do not take any over the counter medications such as Tylenol, Advil, or Motrin prior to your appointment unless directed to do so by one of our providers.
- Please take all prescription drugs as prescribed unless one of our providers instructs you not to.
- Please remember to bring your picture identification, your insurance card if you are planning to use insurance or payment in full. Acceptable forms of payment are cash, American Express, Visa, Master Card, Discover, or money order. We do not take personal checks.
- Given that insurance pre-verification can only be conducted when Planned Parenthood and your insurance provider are open, we ask that individuals who schedule abortions same-day or next day expect a longer than typical wait, or are prepared to potentially pay out-of-pocket for your visit.
- It is very important that you arrive on time. If you arrive past your appointment time, you will need to reschedule your appointment.
- We do not allow any weapons, including army knives and pepper spray, on our premises.