"How did Aunt Alice have her baby?" Great question! Prepare to have a good laugh watching these parents talk to their young children about how to answer this age-old question. Check it out here!
Remember that we’re all in this together while learning how to be the primary sexuality educators of our children. And, while it’s not always easy to have ongoing conversations about sex and sexuality topics, the “shock and awe” of it can be very entertaining!
Want some help answering the tough questions? Check out some of our upcoming training opportunities such as the Sexuality Education Certification Series listed below.
We invite you to host a Home Talk for your friends to help them be the primary sexuality educators of their children. We offer interactive presentations appropriate for parents with kids who are early childhood/early elementary, middle school, or high school. Our experienced parent educators are available during day time or evening hours to present in your home. Each presentation lasts about 1 ½ hours. We provide hosts with a flyer to promote the event and each guest receives a complimentary book and resource packet. Contact us at [email protected] or 617-616-1658 to schedule a Home Talk!
We appreciate you receiving and reading The Parent Buzz eNewsletter! Please share this resource with your friends, family, co-workers, neighbors… or anyone you think may find it useful and interesting. Thanks so much for helping us support more caring adults in talking with youth about sex and sexuality topics.
Morris Micklewhite and the Tangerine Dress by Christine Baldaccino, May, 2014, Groundwood Books. This is the story of a sweet but misunderstood little boy derided and ostracized by his classmates because he loves wearing the tangerine dress in his classroom’s dress-up center.
The Sexuality Education Certification Series (SECS) is our most comprehensive training opportunity. Participants develop the knowledge, skills and comfort needed to provide successful sexuality programs. Each session of this lively, interactive course combines discussion and hands-on practical experience in specific subject areas.
Graduates of this course are able to:
- Identify key elements of effective sexuality education based on the latest research.
- Feel comfortable discussing sexuality in an educational setting.
- Develop an understanding of key sexual health topics and effective teaching strategies for these topics.
- Define active learning theories and stages of behavior change in relation to teaching sexuality education.
- Teach with strategies that address diverse learning styles, cultures and experiences.
- Recognize the importance of values, attitudes and beliefs in teaching and learning in sexuality education.
- Learn the different stages of emotional, social and cognitive development.
- Design an age-appropriate lesson in sexuality education.
A certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the series. Please note that many of our courses fill up well in advance and are filled on a first come, first served basis. Due to the popularity of our courses, your seat will not be reserved until payment has been processed.