Abortion is a safe and legal way to end a pregnancy. The decision to have an abortion is very personal, and only you can decide what’s best for you. But we’re here to help answer whatever questions you may have, and make sure you get the care you need.
Planned Parenthood Keystone offers in-clinic abortion and the abortion pill (medication abortion) by appointment at our Allentown, Harrisburg, Reading, Warminster, Wilkes-Barre, and York Health Centers.
Types of Abortion
Abortion Pill (Medication Abortion)
The abortion pill is offered up to 10 weeks and 0 days after the start of your last menstrual period. If your last period was more than 10 weeks ago, you have the option for an in-clinic abortion.
At Planned Parenthood Keystone, in-clinic abortion is offered up to 13 weeks and 6 days after the start of your last menstrual period. If your last period was more than 13 weeks and 6 days ago, we can provide a referral list of health care providers in your area that offer other abortion services.
Prices and Payment Information
Price ranges for our abortion services are:
- abortion pill (medication abortion) - $500
- in-clinic abortion
- Up to 11 weeks 6 days - $500.00
- 12 weeks - 13 weeks 6 days - $550.00
- We accept some insurances, and it is possible they may pay for part or all of your procedure.
- If you would like to hear about financial assistance, call us at 800-230-PLAN (7526).
Restrictions On Abortion In Pennsylvania
Due to the Pennsylvania Abortion Control Act, there are restrictions on abortion in the state of Pennsylvania. These include:
- A person must receive state-mandated counseling that includes information designed to discourage her from having an abortion, and then wait 24 hours before the procedure is provided.
- Health plans offered in the state’s health exchange under the Affordable Care Act can only cover abortion if the woman's life is endangered, or in cases of rape or incest, unless individuals purchase an optional rider at an additional cost.
- Abortion is covered in insurance policies for public employees only in cases of life endangerment, rape or incest.
- The parent of a minor must consent before an abortion is provided. See judicial bypass below for further information.
- Government funding is available for abortion only in cases of life endangerment, rape or incest.
- An abortion may be performed at 24 or more weeks after the woman’s last menstrual period only if the woman’s life or health is endangered.
If you are a minor and want to learn more about a judicial bypass, please click here.
To learn what to prepare for your appointment, click here.
To schedule your state-mandated counseling, please call 1-800-230-7526.