Impact the Mission Beyond Your Lifetime
For visionary supporters like you who care deeply about the future of family planning, sexuality education, and freedom of choice, joining the Circle of Choice is both an enduring and powerful way to sustain access to reproductive health care for future generations.
Become a Member
Become a member of the Circle of Choice and sustain the work of Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky for future generations. Members of all ages are welcome. Notify us if you have:
- Named Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky as a beneficiary in your estate plan or living trust.
- Named Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky as a beneficiary of a retirement or life insurance plan.
- Established a charitable gift annuity or trust that provides lifetime income and tax benefits to you with the remainder serving as your legacy gift to Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky.
Ways to Give
Giving through your will can be a convenient way to leave a philanthropic legacy. After providing for your loved ones, you may decide to leave a specific amount of cash, stock, real estate or other valuables, a percentage of your estate, or all or a portion of what remains to organizations important to you. Often a gift can be arranged simply with the addition of a codicil (amendment) to your existing will.
You may choose to amend the amount of a legacy gift as your estate grows or circumstances change. There is no minimum Circle of Choice gift; even a modest gift that you designate is meaningful to our work.
You may decide to make your gift an unrestricted one or you may wish to direct it to a particular program area, such as low-cost medical services or education programs for teens. For more about our funds, click here.
You may wish to make your gift to our endowment fund so that you have the satisfaction of knowing that your gift will help fund our programs in perpetuity. The choice is yours.
While a bequest through a will is the most common way to make gifts to organizations through estate planning, many options exist:
- A Charitable Gift Annuity is a contract between you and Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky in which Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky agrees to make fixed lifetime income payments to you in exchange for a contribution.
- A Charitable Remainder Trust provides you with an income for a fixed period or for life, as you choose.
- A Charitable Lead Trust provides Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky a leading interest in the assets of a Trust for a predetermined time frame, after which the assets return to your beneficiaries.
- Retirement Plans (IRA's and pension and profit-sharing plans) and life insurance policies offer additional opportunities for making a planned gift.
Wills, trusts and other estate plans can be created with the help of your professional legal and financial advisors. Because Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky is recognized as a 501(c)3 charitable organization, the value of a charitable bequest is deductible from your estate, thereby lowering estate taxes. Please consult with an attorney and tax advisor prior to making any planned gifts.
We'd Love to Hear From You
If you have made a provision for Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky in your estate plan, please notify us.
If you would like to discuss the possibility of making a legacy gift, please contact us:
Phone: (317) 637-4343
Circle of Choice
c/o Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky
PO Box 397
Indianapolis, IN 46206
Please consult with an attorney and tax advisor prior to making any planned gifts.