Want low-maintenance birth control? IUDs and implants are among the most effective birth control methods available, providing 3 to 12 years of contraception (depending on the type of birth control) with failure rates of less than one percent. Some brand names include:
- Paragard® – non-hormonal IUD, effective 12 years
- Mirena® – IUD, effective 6 years
- Skyla® – IUD, effective 3 years
- Liletta® – IUD, effective 3 years
- Implanon® – upper arm implant, effective 4 years
- Nexplanon® – upper arm implant, effective 4 years
IUDs and implants must be inserted and removed in a clinical setting. Without insurance coverage, IUDs and implants can cost more than $1,000. However, Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky (PPINK) offers programs to provide free or reduced cost IUDs and implants for certain patients.
In addition to these programs, PPINK offers other forms of financial assistance. The best way to find out if you qualify is to call (317) 522-9002.
Learn more and make an appointment
These programs are not the only forms of financial assistance available at PPINK. Interested in receiving a free or reduced cost IUD or implant from PPINK? Call (317) 522-9002 and ask about programs in your area to learn more and make an appointment.