Want low-maintenance birth control? Consider an IUD or implant, which are among the most effective birth control methods available, providing 3 to 12 years of contraception (depending on the type of birth control) with failure rates of less than one percent. Some brand names include:
- Paragard® – non-hormonal IUD, effective 12 years
- Mirena® – IUD, effective 6 years
- Skyla® – IUD, effective 3 years
- Liletta® – IUD, effective 3 years
- Implanon® – upper arm implant, effective 4 years
- Nexplanon® – upper arm implant, effective 4 years
IUDs and implants must be inserted and removed in a clinical setting. Without insurance coverage, IUDs and implants can cost more than $500. However, Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky (PPINK) offers programs to provide free or reduced cost IUDs and implants for certain patients.
Learn more and make an appointment
Interested in receiving a free or reduced cost IUD or implant from PPINK? Call (800) 230-PLAN and ask about free or reduced cost IUD or implant programs in your area to learn more and make an appointment.