Planned Parenthood of Illinois offers a variety of birth control methods at its 17 health centers throughout the state.
People have used birth control methods for thousands of years. Today, Planned Parenthood provides many safe and effective birth control methods.
Find the method that is best for you. If you're trying to choose, learning about each method may help you make your decision. Select the birth control method below to learn more.
- Birth Control Implant (Implanon and Nexplanon)
- Birth Control Patch (Ortho Evra)
- Birth Control Pills
- Birth Control Shot (Depo-Provera)
- Birth Control Sponge (Today Sponge)
- Birth Control Vaginal Ring (NuvaRing)
- Breastfeeding as Birth Control
- Female Condom
- Fertility Awareness-Based Methods (FAMs)
- Morning-After Pill (Emergency Contraception)
- Sterilization for Women (Essure)
- Withdrawal (Pull Out Method)
Only you can decide what is best for you. We're here to help. A PPIL staff member can discuss all of your birth control options with you and help you get the birth control you need.