PPHP is now offering the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine in our White Plains, Spring Valley, and Smithtown health centers.
As part of Planned Parenthood Hudson Peconic’s commitment to keeping our staff, patients, and communities safe, we are adjusting operations to help limit the spread of COVID-19.
Many of our health care services are available from the safety of your home through our Telehealth service. If you wish to come in to our health center for care, you can do that as well. To schedule a Telehealth or in-center visit online, please visit the health center nearest you or call (800) 230-7526.
For medication refills such as birth control, emergency contraception, PrEP, PEP, and hormone therapy, you can use our Patient Portal to submit requests or call (800) 230-7526. You can also use the Planned Parenthood Direct app for birth control pills and UTI treatment.
If you come to our health centers for care please follow the following safety precautions:
- Wear a mask or other face covering
- Maintain 6 feet between you and others in the health center
- Wash your hands with hand sanitizer available in the health center
- Family or friends are not permitted at this time
Please do not come into our health centers and follow up with your primary care provider if:
- you have a fever, cough, difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell
- you been in contact with someone who has had a lab positive or have you tested positive for COVID-19 (coronavirus) within the last 14 days
- you traveled outside New York in the last 14 days to one of the Travel Restricted states
The safety and health of our patients and staff are our number one priority. Thank you for your understanding.
For up-to-date information for the COVID-19 visit the NYSDOH website and the CDC website, and Planned Parenthood Federation of America's website.
If you want more information about having sex during COVID-19, the New York City Department of Health has provided some helpful information.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially before you eat.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Keep a distance of at least 6 feet to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
- Cover your cough and sneezes with a tissue and discard it in a closed container.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects.
- Stay home.
For people who are sick:
- Stay home.
- If you have a fever, stay home for at least 72 hours after your fever is gone without the use of fever-reducing medicines, such as acetaminophen.
- Keep sick household members away from others. If you have a separate room that is best.
- Use soap and water, a bleach and water solution, or EPA-approved household products. You can make your own cleanser with a mixture of 1 cup of liquid unscented chlorine bleach in 5 gallons of water.
- Avoid sharing personal items.
- Anyone at high risk for complications should talk to their health care provider for more information.