As part of Planned Parenthood Hudson Peconic’s commitment to keeping our staff, patients, and communities safe, we are adjusting operations to help limit the spread of COVID-19.
At PPHP we continue to provide prenatal care and abortion care in our health centers. For other sexual and reproductive health matters, please use our Telehealth service. To schedule a Telehealth visit, please call (800) 230-7526.
For medication refills such as birth control, emergency contraception, PrEP, PEP, and hormone therapy, please call (800) 230-7526. You can also use the Planned Parenthood Direct app for birth control pills and UTI treatment.
For non-urgent matters, please consider scheduling an appointment next month.
Please do not come into our health centers and follow up with your primary care provider if:
- you are currently experiencing respiratory symptoms such as a cough or if you have a fever
- you came into contact with someone who was diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- you traveled outside the country in the last 14 days
The safety and health of our patients and staff are our number one priority. Thank you for your understanding.
For up-to-date information for the COVID-19 visit the NYSDOH website and the CDC website, and Planned Parenthood Federation of America's website.
If you want more information about having sex during COVID-19, the New York City Department of Health has provided some helpful information.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially before you eat.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Keep a distance of at least 6 feet to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
- Cover your cough and sneezes with a tissue and discard it in a closed container.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects.
- Stay home.
For people who are sick:
- Stay home.
- If you have a fever, stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone without the use of fever-reducing medicines, such as acetaminophen.
- Keep sick household members away from others. If you have a separate room that is best.
- Use soap and water, a bleach and water solution, or EPA-approved household products. You can make your own cleanser with a mixture of 1 cup of liquid unscented chlorine bleach in 5 gallons of water.
- Avoid sharing personal items.
- Anyone at high risk for complications should talk to their health care provider for more information.