Our expert educators can provide one-time presentations or a series of presentations to your group on a variety of topics in an effort to encourage lifelong health. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Human Growth and Development: Anatomy, puberty, reproduction, body image, menopause, gender identity and sexual orientation.
- Healthy Relationships: Families, love, dating, consent, parenting, interpersonal relationships.
- Communication Skills: Decision making, role-playing, refusal skills.
- Sexual Health and Behavior: Abstinence, safer sex, masturbation, contraception, pregnancy options, unintended pregnancy prevention, cancer screening, gynecological exams, sexually transmitted infections and HIV/AIDS.
- Society and Culture: Gender roles, gender identity, sexual orientation, LGBTQ inclusivity, sexuality in the digital age, sexuality and the law.
- Planned Parenthood: History, reproductive rights, patient services.
PPHeartland’s education staff are also trained to deliver research-based programs that have been rigorously evaluated by top academic researchers. Examples include Wise Guys, which is a male-oriented teen pregnancy prevention program; and Our Whole Lives, which covers the education lifespan beginning in elementary school all the way up to senior adults. These programs, delivered in single or multiple sessions, vary in length and can be applied to a number of audiences and settings as listed below:
- Elementary school
- Middle school
- High school
- Adult programs
- After school programs
- Juvenile justice facilities
- Adult incarceration facilities
- Substance abuse facilities
- Agencies for the mentally / physically disabled
- Family programs
- Faith-based communities
- Health centers
- Community organizations
To schedule a single or multi-session program call 1-800-874-2025 or email [email protected]