Our Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast Young Leaders are groups of twenty- and thirty- something professionals in Houston, New Orleans and Baton Rouge who recognize that the future of reproductive freedom and quality health care depends on the determination and dedication of their generation.
Their mission is to build this new generation of supporters and advocates for Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast (PPGC) in order to ensure the right and ability of all individuals to manage their sexual and reproductive health through the health services, education, and advocacy provided by PPGC.
PPYL supports events and projects like:
- Cocktails for a Cause (CFAC) happy hours
- Shop for a Cause fundraising events
- Advocacy campaigns & activities, including Lobby Days
- Health Center voter registration drives
- Community outreach, including health fairs & Pride Parades
What membership means for PPYL members:
- Attend monthly meetings
- Complete Planned Parenthood training (offered biannually)
- Volunteer at least 12 hours annually
- Give at least $120 in annual operating support
PPYL members receive the following benefits:
- Discount pricing on select PPGC events
- Invitations to members-only events
- Monthly updates on the activities their donations help to support
Why Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast?
Trusted health care provider. Informed educator. Passionate advocate.
Planned Parenthood delivers vital reproductive health care, sexuality education and information to tens of thousands of women, men and young people in our community. We believe that reproductive self-determination enhances quality of life and contributes to strong family relationships. PPYL promotes education, advocacy, volunteerism and philanthropy among young professionals, and helps strengthen leadership and networking skills with peers and community leaders.