- Acknowledging the impact of our organization’s legacy within communities of color
- Identifying measurable action steps that arise from the community discussions
- Implementing and reporting on actions steps taken to be accountable to communities of color in our health services, programs and organizational practices
- Committing to continued restorative practice and transformation in the communities of color we serve
Reviving Radical Commissioners were selected for their:
● Understanding of sexual and reproductive health history and oppression and Margaret Sanger’s legacy impact on communities of color;
● Commitment to reproductive justice, reproductive rights, racial justice, gender justice, LGBTQ and human rights;
● Ability to work in multi-cultural and diverse community to support reconciliation and healing;
● Organizing, scholarship or work experience that reflects a commitment to sexual and reproductive justice for communities of color.
Reviving Radical commissioners serve as an accountability body ensuring organizational follow-through and implementation of the Reviving Radical Community Mandates. The eight commissioners are:
- Dr. Lynn Roberts
Nia Eshu Martin-Robinson
Dr. Aletha Maybank, MD, MPH
We’re excited to share our enhanced Sexual and Reproductive Justice Timeline video with you!
Or call 1-800-230-7526