Please note: you will speak with a health professional at your appointment about your medical information and all of your options, and you will be able to ask questions. Any information can be updated at that time.
Surgical Sedated Procedure Information and Instructions Applicable to the following patients: · Patients who selected the option for mild sedation (awake and responsive but sleepy).
Information regarding your visit
Your visit will last anywhere from 6-8 hours. There will be many steps and waiting. You will receive the following services during your visit: an ultrasound, lab work, an education session and birth control consultation, and your procedure. You will also spend some time in our recovery room. If you are late to the appointment we do reserve the right to reschedule. Give yourself plenty of time to get here. To cancel or reschedule your appointment, please call us or cancel your appointment via the website at least 24 hours in advance.
Please make sure you have a picture ID with you at your appointment. It must include your date of birth.
Do you have a Medicaid card? · Please make sure to bring your Medical Card as it may cover your choice of a Birth Control method. The name on your ID and Medical Card must match in order to be used.
Do you have Commercial Insurance you’d like to use for your visit? · Please make sure to bring proof of insurance to your appointment. We recommend contacting your insurance company directly to confirm your eligibility and benefits. You are welcome to call us in the afternoon the day before your appointment. We may have some benefit information available at that time. Co-Pays are due at the time of your appointment. If you’d like to find out if you can get financial assistance, call us at 302-655-7293 and select option 1.
Important instructions regarding your visit
· Do not take any illegal drugs or alcohol 24hrs prior to your visit.
· Please do not take any Aspirin 7 days prior to your visit.
· Do not wear any jewelry.
· Your index finger must be free of dark nail polish, gel polish, or artificial nails.
· You may eat a light meal before your visit.
· Wear full coverage underwear.
· You must have a guest that can come with you, stay with you the entire time at the Health Center, and take you home.
· Anyone including yourself and any guest MUST have photo ID to enter the building.
· It is preferred and helpful that babies or children do not accompany you to this appointment due to the long visit length. If you must be accompanied by children or babies a separate responsible adult is required at all times to care for the child in the waiting area.
It is important to follow these instructions to make sure you are able to be seen for your appointment.