Confidential, quality care at home with telemedicine.
If you are pregnant and want an abortion, we offer telemedicine medical abortion, where you can receive the medications mailed to your home through the TelAbortion Study. For more information, please call 888-576-7526. Our study coordinator can give you more details and help you determine if you are eligible to participate.
The TelAbortion Study
Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette (PPCW) is proud to be a site for the TelAbortion Study. The purpose of this study is to evaluate a service through which a patient can obtain medical abortion pills by mail without coming in person to the clinic. The goal is to create a more convenient, patient-centered method of abortion.
The study has been approved by an ethics board. It is being coordinated by a nonprofit research organization. Participation in the study is confidential. Participant names will not be included in study data or be shared with anyone besides PPCW providers and the research team.
How does it work?
- You’ll have a videochat with a provider at PPCW. They’ll explain the process and see if you’re eligible.
- You’ll get an ultrasound and blood tests at facilities close to you to confirm eligibility. (PPCW will help you find places to do this.)
- The PPCW provider will send you the abortion pills by tracked mail.
- You’ll have a follow-up lab test and a phone call a week later to make sure you’re OK.
- The entire process, including the videochat, is completely confidential. No identifying info about you will be used in the study analyses.
Do I qualify?
You may qualify for this study if you:
- Are pregnant and want a medical abortion
- Are not more than 69 days pregnant (10 weeks)
- Are in Oregon or Washington
- Have access to a smartphone, tablet, or computer with a webcam and microphone
If you would like to find out more, please call PPCW at 1-888-576-7526 to make an appointment with our study coordinator.
Or call 1-800-230-7526