The REAL for Planned Parenthood Program
REAL (Rising Educators, Ambassadors and Leaders) empowers young professionals to build a new generation of Planned Parenthood supporters and advocates to spread the word about Planned Parenthood's mission.
The REAL for Planned Parenthood program is comprised of the REAL Steering Committee who lead a general body of REAL Ambassadors. They serve as the eyes, ears and voice of Planned Parenthood.
REAL Steering Committees
REAL is governed by Steering Committees representing our affiliate’s region. Committee members work closely with the REAL Ambassadors to host events, support Planned Parenthood and engage their peers. REAL Steering Committees meet each month, and vacant positions are filled through an application and referral process.
REAL Ambassadors serve an essential role in promoting the Planned Parenthood mission in our community by annually undertaking three easy steps:
1. Learn Attend an open house or REAL event, and learn about our health and education services and advocacy work.
2. Share Introduce two or more friends, neighbors, family members or coworkers to the Planned Parenthood mission by bringing them to an event or by hosting an event in your home.
3. Act Help spread Planned Parenthood’s mission across Central and Western New York. Pick an activity that excites you the most. Examples include:
- Be a social media ambassador
- Write a letter to your elected official
- Share your Planned Parenthood story for use in our communications
- Write a post for the REAL Tumblr
- Lend a hand at a phone bank
To learn more about REAL, email us!