Thank you for your interest in the volunteer opportunities of Planned Parenthood. Volunteers are essential members of our team. Without them, we could not meet our mission to ensure that high quality reproductive health care services are available to all in our region regardless of ability to pay. We welcome you to our agency as a potential volunteer! Click here to see our current volunteer and internship opportunities.
Monthly Volunteer Nights
Monthly Volunteer Night brings students, volunteers, board members and staff together to work on special projects.
Volunteer nights take place on:
- Buffalo: every second Wednesday of the month from 5:30-7:30pm at 2697 Main Street in Buffalo
- Rochester: every third Wednesday of the month from 5:30-7:30pm at 114 University Avenue in Rochester
Participants will assist with the following tasks:
- Assembling safer sex kits
- Brainstorming and survey sessions – help us think of fun ways to improve our outreach efforts
- Phone banking
- Assembling bulletin board kits for schools and colleges
- Preparing mailings
- Assembling packets for workshops
- Short-term tasks and projects for any departments requiring assistance
To participate in monthly volunteer night, please contact [email protected]
We have a variety of student internships available during the school year and in the summer. Internships are curriculum specific and location specific.
Each internship has specific requirements pertinent to the functional area. Skills or educational background in the relevant academic curriculum is desired. Most student internship schedules are daytime hours, usually one-two days a week.
For information on our internship opportunities, please contact [email protected]
Peer Health Advocates (PHAs)
PHAs are college students who help adolescents effectively access our clinical services at our Syracuse Health Center.
For information on our PHA opportunities, please contact [email protected]