WE ARE OPEN. We are seeing patients and helping women get the care they need.
On June 29, the U.S. Supreme Court issued an emergency stay which will protect, for now, access to safe, legal abortion for women across Texas. The Court's order will keep medically unnecessary and severe state restrictions blocked.
Restricting or banning abortion blocks women from getting safe medical care. This dangerous law never should have passed in the first place.
Planned Parenthood Center for Choice has been providing care to women who have made the decision to end a pregnancy and we will continue to provide that care.
An in-clinic abortion is performed using gentle suction and medical instruments to remove the pregnancy from the uterus. In clinic abortions are performed up to 20 weeks post-fertilization at our Houston location. Please call us 713.535.2400 or 1.800.831.6538 so we can determine if we can provide you with an abortion.
*A Texas law requires women to have an ultrasound at least 24 hours before she has an abortion. The ultrasound has to be done by the same doctor that will perform the abortion. By law, we can't accept ultrasounds done by any other providers. We apologize for the inconvenience.
POLICY FOR ABORTION APPOINTMENTS
Due to limited space in our reception area please follow these restrictions for ALL visits related to an abortion.
- Please bring no more than one adult with you for your abortion-related appointment.
- Children are not allowed to accompany you for an abortion-related appointment.
These restrictions are for the ultrasound visit, the visit when you have your abortion, AND for any follow up visits you need.
- Plan to spend 1 to 2 hours in our clinic for your ultrasound visit.
- Plan to spend 2 to 6 hours in our clinic for your abortion procedure.
* Your appointment may be rescheduled if you arrive with a child - unless you have an adult to take care of that child.
* Children may not be left anywhere on our property without a responsible adult to take care of the child.
* We do not have safe areas for children to play on our property.
* You cannot leave a child alone in our lobby, in the garden or in your car in the parking lot while you are here for an abortion-related visit.
For more information, fill out this form.
A member of the staff will contact you within 48 hours.
For more information, fill out this form and a member of the staff will contact you within 48 hours.
To schedule an appointment for an abortion:
Please call us 713.535.2400 or 1.800.831.6538, at our Houston health center, License #: 130061.