Go to Content Go to Navigation Go to Navigation Go to Site Search Homepage

Abortion information

Parental Notice or Consent Requirements in Texas for Minors

Abortion providers in Texas are required to notify a parent, legal guardian or custodian of a minor's decision to have an abortion. The notice must be provided 48 hours before the procedure.

At Planned Parenthood, we encourage all minors to tell a parent, guardian or custodian of their decision to terminate a pregnancy. However, if a minor feels unable to discuss her decision with a parent, guardian or custodian, there are other options available to her. You may be able to have an abortion without notifying your parents. Contact Jane's Due Process for more information. 

100+ miles

If you live more than 100 miles from any abortion clinic, you may be able to have your process expedited. Please call 1.800.230.7526 for more information.

Miscarriage management and Fetal anomaly

PPCfC offers abortion services to patients whose pregnancies have documented lethal anomalies. Please call 1.800.230.7526 for more information.

If you know you have had a miscarriage or find out at your ultrasound, we can discuss with you your options and provide you with treatment if you desire.

Sexual assault

STD testing: We offer free screening for gonorrhea and chlamydia to all patients. Unfortunately, if you are a victim of sexual assault, you may have an increase of contracting a sexually transmitted infection.

Evidence collection: PPCfC can help you work with law enforcement by collecting evidence of sexual assault.

Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) Resources:

Abortion Pill
Medication abortion (the abortion pill) is legal in the state of Texas, but PPCfC does not currently provide this service. Please use the NAF website to find a provider who fits your needs.

Financial Support

  • When you schedule your appointment by phone or when we see you in the clinic someone will help you apply for financial assistance.
  • Think about how much you make per month, how much your family, partner, or others who contribute to you financially make, and what kinds of assistance you receive (child support, unemployment, etc.)
  • Check with your insurance company to see whether or not they cover ELECTIVE abortion.
  • The Lilith Fund can offer additional assistance beyond what our clinic provide. Visit their website for more information.

Emotional support

After your abortion