FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WHAT: Planned Parenthood Arizona is hosting a free mobile mammography clinic and community fair, supported by a grant from the Phoenix Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Mammography has proven to be the single most beneficial tool in detecting early and treatable cancer. The goal of screening exams, such as mammograms, is to find cancers early before it has a chance to grow and treatment works best.
WHEN: Saturday, August 18, 2012
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
WHERE: Planned Parenthood Arizona – Central Phoenix Health Center
5651 N. 7th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85014
(7th Street, between Bethany Home and Missouri)
INFO: Appointments recommended; to make an appointment for a mammogram, call 602.277.PLAN (7526). Limited walk-in appointments also will be available. To qualify for a free mammogram, the following requirements must be met:
- must be 40 years or older;
- must be uninsured or underinsured;
- have not had a mammogram in the last year;
- not currently breastfeeding or pregnant;
- not eligible for AHCCCS or the AZ Department of Health Services Well-Woman Health Check program.