WHAT: Planned Parenthood Arizona will host a free mobile mammography clinic, supported by a grant from the Phoenix Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Mammography has proven to be the single most beneficial tool in detecting early and treatable cancer. The goal of screening exams, such as mammograms, is to find cancers early before it has a chance to grow and treatment works best.”
WHEN: Saturday, May 16, 2009
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
WHERE: Planned Parenthood Arizona Maryvale Health Center
4616 N. 51st Ave, #210
Phoenix, AZ 85031
(51st Avenue and Indian School Road)
INFO: To make an appointment for a mammogram, please call
(602) 272-6691. Walk-in appointments will be available too. To qualify for a free mammogram, the following requirements must be met:
- must be 40 years or older;
- must be uninsured or underinsured;
- no mammogram in the last year;
- no breast implants;
- not currently breastfeeding or pregnant;
- not eligible for AHCCCS or the AZ Department of Health Services Well-Woman Health Check program.
Planned Parenthood Arizona is the leading sexual health organization in Arizona. The organization provides health care, education and outreach services to over 100,000 men, women, teens and parents annually. Planned Parenthood Arizona operates 20 health center locations in Phoenix, Tucson, Flagstaff, Globe, Prescott and Yuma. For more information, please visit http://www.ppaz.org/.