Free Birth Control & Exams

Call 516-750-2656 or email to see if you qualify for free birth control. If you live in New York State, we can help you apply.


What is the Family Planning Benefit Program?

The Family Planning Benefit Program is sponsored by the New York State Department of Health. If you qualify, you will receive FREE birth control, STD testing and GYN exams.

Do I qualify?

You MUST live in New York State in order for us to help you apply. Both women and men are eligible. If you are a single adult, you can earn about $25,623 a year or less and still qualify. You can earn even more if you're married or have children/dependents. This income level changes often, so call 516-750-2656 or email for the latest information.

If you are a teenager, you can still qualify for free services. Everything is 100% confidential--we will not tell your parents. We have staff members who will walk you through the application process.

What is covered?

All types of birth control, GYN exams and Pap tests, emergency contraception (the "morning after pill"), and HIV and STD testing.

You can receive these services at a Planned Parenthood health center or other family planning clinics in New York. Call 516-750-2656 or email for locations.

How Do I Get It?

Call 516-750-2656 or email and we will help you figure out if you qualify. We will also help you find a location and make an appointment.

IMPORTANT: You will need to bring the documents listed below to your appointment so that we can help you apply.Without all of these documents, you may not qualify for free services. If you are unsure about obtaining all of these documents, call us for assistance at 516-750-2656 or email before your scheduled appointment.

1. Proof of citizenship (Bring ONE)

  • Original U.S. Passport, or
  • Original Social Security card, or
  • Original naturalization certificate, or
  • Original INS form - "Green" card

If you are unable to provide one of these documents, please contact us for further assistance.

 2. Photo ID 

  • Original driver's license, or
  • Original U.S. Passport, or
  • Original school ID
  • Other original official photo ID
 3. Proof of address (dated within the past 6 months - bring TWO)
  • Driver's license (issued within past 6 months)
  • Current bill (utility, phone, credit card)
  • Postmarked envelope or magazine subscription  (no window envelopes or peel off stickers)
  • Lease agreement
 4. Social Security Number  
  • Bring card or know your number
  5. Proof of recent, monthly income
(bring ALL that provide income for you)
  • One month's worth of recent, consecutive pay stubs
  • Unemployment or Social Security award letter or check stub
  • Letter from employer
  • Letter of support from family member
 6. Letter of termination(bring ONLY if this applies)
  • If you have held any other job within the past nine months, please provide a detailed letter including the name of the company, your last date of work and gross income
  7. Marriage License/Certificate
(bring ONLY if this applies)
  • If legally married, you must bring a copy of your marriage license/certificate








Choosing birth control can be overwhelming. My Method is here to help you think about your options.


The Check is here to help you figure out if you should get tested for chlamydia, gonorrhea or HIV.

Find A Health Center


Or Call