Go to Content Go to Navigation Go to Navigation Go to Site Search Homepage

Is there any medical testing, etc. that a female should take care of after losing her virginity?

No medical care is needed for losing your virginity. But regular medical care is part of being sexually active. Sexually active women and men need to be tested at least once a year for sexually transmitted infections. Women who are going to have vaginal intercourse need to have an effective method of birth control. And all women should start having regular gynecological exams with Pap tests after they turn 21. Regardless of whether or not you’ve had sex, it’s important to see a health care provider if you have painful periods, abnormal discharges, pain in your genital or pelvic area, or any signs of a sexually transmitted infection. Find out more about visiting the doctor.


Tags: going to the doctor, gynecologist, virginity