Go to Content Go to Navigation Go to Navigation Go to Site Search Homepage

I’m 16. I have a sore i am almost 99% sure is an STI or STD. I want to get it checked out and taken care of as fast as possible WITHOUT my parents finding out. where and how can i get this done without my parents finding out.

Sores on your genitals can definitely be a sign of a sexually transmitted infection, but you can’t be sure — or get treatment — until you get tested. Generally, you don’t need your parent’s permission to get tested. However, there may be certain testing locations where, for one reason or another, a health care provider will require parental permission. Staff at your local Planned Parenthood health center can tell you whether or not they offer confidential testing.

Tags: STDs, parents, the doctor