I am looking for a birth control pill. I want one that will stop my period and I will only experience spotting, also I want one that will cure acne. Please help as soon as possible! Please!
A health care provider at your local Planned Parenthood health center can help you decide which pill would best for you.
The pill has many benefits. Combination and progestin-only pills
- reduce menstrual cramps
- make periods lighter
- offer some protection against pelvic inflammatory disease, which often leads to infertility when left untreated
The combination pill offers many other benefits, including some protection against
- bone thinning
- breast growths that are not cancer
- ectopic pregnancy
- endometrial and ovarian cancers
- serious infection in the ovaries, tubes, and uterus
- iron deficiency anemia
- cysts in the breasts and ovaries
- premenstrual symptoms, including headaches and depression
- bad cramps
- heavy and/or irregular periods
Combination pills can be used to control when and how often you have your period. Some pills are specially packaged for women to have only a few periods a year. Other pills can also be used continuously to prevent having periods.
Tags: the pill