Illinois Healthy Women (IHW) allows eligible women to reduce unintended pregnancies through providing access to reproductive health services. IHW gives a woman the ability to make her own personal decisions about when and whether to have a child and control her reproductive health.
With IHW, there are no premiums, no deductibles or co-payments required, and all services are confidential.
Through IHW, the following family planning and related reproductive health services are covered and available at PPIL health centers:
- Gynecological exams (including Pap tests)
- Comprehensive birth control services
- Infection diagnosis and treatment
- Clinical breast exams
- Sexually transmitted infection testing and treatment
- Pregnancy testing and options counseling
- Patient education and counseling (women's health, family planning and how to plan for a healthy pregnancy)
Who can participate in IHW?
- Women between 19 and 44 years old
- U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident with a Social Security number
- Illinois resident
- Family income up to 200% of the federal poverty level
- No health insurance coverage for birth control
- Currently not pregnant
How do I sign up?
You can sign up at any Planned Parenthood of Illinois health center. If you are eligible, you will receive a card that will be valid for 12 months. Before your coverage ends, you will receive a re-enrollment form in the mail. You can re-enroll every year as long as you qualify.
What do I need to bring?
Bring the documents described in our Documentation Check-List
You can also print and fill out the IHW application before visiting Planned Parenthood:
For more information visit http://www.illinoishealthywomen.com/