PPHP seeks to enhance lesson plans and activities by providing dynamic, engaging, and thought-provoking professional training programs. During our half- or full-day sessions, you will experience how our lessons and activities are focused not only on the facts about a particular topic but will also help you understand the attitudes, behaviors, and values on the topic of your choice. Our specialty training sessions, listed below, explore the latest discoveries in reproductive health and recent research. Among the sessions offered are included:
- Back to the Basics: Safer Sex
- Body image to Body Confidence: Looking Beneath the Surface
- Changing Conversation: Tips for Talking with Teens
- Defying Definition: The New Generation of Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual Teens
- Hanging Out, Hooking Up or Going Out: What’s Really Going on with Teen Relationships
- Man with a Plan: Male Sexuality
- Substance Use and Sexual Risk Taking
- Teenagers, Health Care, and the Law
- Trauma and Sexual Risk Taking
- Understanding Childhood Sexual Abuse 101
- Teens, Sex, and Technology
- Developmental Disabilities and Sexuality
Teens, Sex and Technology: Social Media Literacy for Youth Workers
Thursday, April 10, 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., White Plains
Thursday, April 15, 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Smithtown
Trainer: Jinny Ferro, Sexuality Educator/Trainer
This interactive workshop uses small group discussion, interactive activities, and video clips to train parents, teachers, and anyone who works with youth in new media.
Sign up by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
PPHP is staffed by sexual and reproductive health experts who can create professional training programs on related topics which meet your needs. We look forward to working with you to bring your staff up to date with accurate, accessible and useful information, skills development and experiential exercises, all of which serve to strengthen the application of the acquired knowledge.
If you are interested in obtaining professional training on any of the above-mentioned topics, or related issues, please feel free to contact PPHP at (914) 220-1038.