Women's Health Care in Chapel Hill, NC
Chapel Hill Health Center offers the following women's health services:
- checkups when you have a reproductive/sexual health problem
- breast exams
- cervical cancer screening
- mammogram referrals
- menopause and midlife – testing and treatment
- Pap test
- routine physicals for women
- urinary tract infections – testing and treatment
- vaginal infections – testing and treatment
- Other services we may provide include help with irregular periods or no periods, painful periods, painful sex, bleeding between periods, menstrual problems (premenstrual syndrome) or even a lost tampon.
Women's health services are available:
- By appointment on:
- Mondays: 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Tuesdays: 8:00am - 1:00pm
- Wednesdays: 2:00pm - 8:00pm
- Fridays: 1:00pm - 5:00pm
We have a limited number of same-day appointments: Mon 10-8 / Tues 8-1 / Wed 2-8 / Fri 1-5. If you need to be seen quickly, please call to reserve a slot.
Here’s what you need to know in preparation for a women's health visit at this health center:
Do not douche, have sex, or put anything in your vagina 24 hours before your pelvic exam. It is best if you are not having your menstrual period for some types of visits. Contact us if you have questions.
Checkups for gynecological concerns may require a pelvic exam.
For the testing and treatment of urinary tract infections, we will need to collect a urine sample at the time of your visit.
For the testing and treatment of vaginal infections, a pelvic exam may be required.
Referrals for mammograms require a breast exam within the last 3 month(s,).
A Pap test is sometimes needed during a routine checkup.
Cervical cancer screening requires a pelvic exam and Pap test.
Services and supplies, except for Implanon, Essure, IUD, abortion services and the HPV vaccine, are discounted 50% for clients under the age of 18.
Prices and Payment Information
- comprehensive (routine) gynecological exam visit - $165-$215
- problem-focused gynecological visit - $80-$160
- cervical cancer screening - $95-$140
- colposcopy - $350-$595
- endometrial biopsies - $150-$350
- menopause and midlife - testing and treatment - $215-$255
Some services may have additional charges for lab and blood work.
Payment is expected at time of service unless other arrangements have been previously made.
Some women's services may be covered by your insurance. If you want to use your insurance, please be sure to bring in your insurance information at the time of your visit.
Medicaid does not cover abortion services unless the life of the mother is in danger or in cases of rape or incest. With the exception of Medicaid for Pregnant Women and Medicaid when Medicare are primary, Medicaid is accepted.