STD Testing, Treatment & Vaccines in Old Saybrook, CT
Old Saybrook Center offers the following services related to the testing and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs):
STD testing, diagnosis and treatment, including:
- bacterial vaginosis (BV)
- genital warts
- HIV (testing and diagnosis only)
- trichomoniasis (trich)
- Other STD testing, diagnosis and treatment services are also available. Please ask our staff for more information.
STD prevention, including:
- dental dams
- HPV vaccine (Gardasil)
- HPV vaccine (Gardasil 9)
- hepatitis B vaccine
- STD and safer sex education
- HPV and hepatitis vaccines education
STD testing, treatment, and vaccination services are available:
- On a walk-in basis: Walk-in services are available up to one hour before closing.
Here’s what you need to know about STD testing & treatment at this health center:
We can test for gonorrhea and chlamydia using a urine sample. If this test shows an infection, then we will provide you with treatment and explain how your partner(s) can be treated.
For testing involving urine samples, including chlamydia and gonorrhea, do not urinate or engage in sexual intercourse for one hour before testing.
Rapid HIV testing can be done by swabbing the inside of your mouth. The results are available in 20-30 minutes.
Counseling and anonymous (without your name) or confidential (private) testing for HIV are provided by trained staff who are sensitive to your needs and concerns.
Counseling and confidential (private) testing for STDs are provided by trained staff who are sensitive to your needs and concerns.
Some vaccines are given in a series over the course of several months, which would require you to return to the health center to get the full benefit.
Some STD tests may require a genital exam.
Prices and Payment Information
Price ranges for our STD testing and treatment services and safer sex products are:
- bacterial vaginosis testing and treatment - $49-$107
- chlamydia testing and treatment - $41-$102 (Chlamydia and Gonorrhea)
- gonorrhea testing and treatment - $41-$102 (Chlamydia and Gonorrhea)
- herpes testing and treatment - $44-$112 (with outbreak); $109-$195 (no outbreak)
- syphilis testing and treatment - $50-$96
- trichomoniasis (trich) testing and treatment - $37-$95
- HPV vaccine (Gardasil) for an individual injection - $261
hepatitis B vaccine
- for an individual injection - $74-$79
Payment is expected at time of service unless other arrangements have previously been made.
Some STD testing and treatment services may be covered by your insurance. If you want to use your insurance, please be sure to bring in your insurance information at the time of your visit.