Women's Health Care in Cortez, CO
Cortez offers the following women's health services:
- checkups when you have a reproductive/sexual health problem
- breast exams
- cervical cancer screening
- hormone replacement therapy
- mammogram referrals
- menopause and midlife testing and treatment
- Pap test
- urinary tract infection (UTI) testing and treatment
- vaginal infection testing and treatment
- Other services we may provide include help with irregular periods or no periods, painful periods, painful sex, bleeding between periods, menstrual problems (premenstrual syndrome) or even a lost tampon.
Women's health services are available:
Not all services are available every day. Please call before visiting the health center, as availability of services varies each day. Ability to accept Medicaid and insurance for your visit varies each day as well.
Here’s what you need to know in preparation for a women's health visit at this health center:
Do not douche, have sex, or put anything in your vagina 24 hours before your pelvic exam. It is best if you are not having your menstrual period for some types of visits. Contact us if you have questions.
Checkups for gynecological concerns may require a pelvic exam.
For the testing and treatment of urinary tract infections, we will need to collect a urine sample at the time of your visit.
For the testing and treatment of vaginal infections, a pelvic exam may be required.
We offer education and treatment for menopause and midlife issues, including non-hormonal treatment(s).
Hormone replacement therapy requires a routine checkup or records of your current exam.
Cervical cancer screening requires a pelvic exam and Pap test.
Prices and Payment Information
Price ranges for our women's health care services are:
- comprehensive (routine) gynecological exam visit - $110-170 sliding fee
- problem-focused gynecological visit - $75-155 sliding fee
- cervical cancer screening - $110-170 sliding fee
Some services may have additional charges for lab and blood work.
Payment is expected at time of service unless other arrangements have previously been made.
Some women's services may be covered by your insurance. If you want to use your insurance, please be sure to bring in your insurance information at the time of your visit.
If you are uninsured, you may be eligible to receive financial assistance for your procedure. You can confidentially find out if you qualify by calling us at 970-565-7011.
If you are eligible for financial assistance you may be asked to bring documentation with you to the health center.
If you do not find what you are looking for here, please go to the general health information page.
The following sexual health services are listed separately: