Transgender Hormone Therapy in Thousand Oaks, CA
Thousand Oaks Health Center offers the following services specifically for clients who need Transgender Hormone Therapy:
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- services referral
Planned Parenthood Thousand Oaks is proud to provide quality, compassionate care to transgender, intersex, non-binary, and gender non-confirming patients. We are committed to improving the way transgender people receive health care in our community, including eliminating barriers to that care.
We offer hormone therapy for patients 18 years and older. Patients do not need to participate in therapy or provide information from a mental health provider to receive care at one of our locations. You may schedule an appointment online or by contacting our Call Center.
Here’s what you need to know about services for Transgender Hormone Therapy at this health center:
Your initial appointment will include:
· A review of your complete medical history, including your sexual and surgical history and current health practices
· A thorough review of your transition goals
· Weight and blood pressure check
· Blood work to monitor potential side effects of hormones
· Routine screening and evaluation as determined by risk, sex assigned at birth, and anatomy
· Explain how to take hormones and answer any questions you might have
You will receive a prescription that you can take to a pharmacy. Planned Parenthood welcomes patients of all genders and identities to access our wide range of health care services.
If you have any questions regarding our Gender Affirming Care program, please email [email protected].
Prices and Payment Information
Price ranges for our Transgender Hormone Therapy services are:
Please contact this health center for Gender Affirming Care services pricing information.
Some services may be covered by your insurance. If you want to use your insurance, please be sure to bring in your insurance information at the time of your visit.
If you do not find what you are looking for here, please go to the general health information page.
The following sexual health services are listed separately: