Abortion Services in Riverside, CA
Riverside Flaster Family Health Center offers the following abortion services:
- abortion pill (medication abortion)
- in-clinic abortion
- pre- and post-abortion patient education
- post-abortion follow-up exams
- referrals for other abortion services, as needed
- sedation options (medication to make the abortion more comfortable)
Here's what you need to know about abortion services at this health center:
Abortion Pill (Medication Abortion)
Abortion pill (medication abortion) is offered up to 10 weeks and 0 days after the start of your last menstrual period.
If your last period was more than 10 weeks and 0 days ago, read about our in-clinic abortion services below.
Abortion pill (medication abortion) services are available by appointment only.
Plan to be at the health center for 1-3 hour(s) for your entire abortion pill visit (medication abortion).
You will need to follow up within 1-2 weeks to make sure your abortion is complete and that you are well. In the unlikely event that you are still pregnant, you may need another dose of medication or to have an in-clinic abortion to end the pregnancy.
After your abortion pill visit, you will need access to a telephone, transportation, and backup medical care available to you once you are home.
In-clinic abortion is offered up to 24 weeks and 0 days after the start of your last menstrual period. If your last period was after 24 weeks and 0 days, we can still help. Call us for a referral list of health care providers in your area that offer other abortion services.
In-clinic abortions are available by appointment only.
If you have asthma, bring an inhaler if you have one.
Other Abortion Services Information
If you take any medications, please continue to take these medications normally before your appointment.
Please do not bring children with you to the health center.
During your visit, you may be given the following:
- pregnancy test
- a chance to speak with a trained staff person about all of your choices: abortion, adoption, and parenting
- a conversation with the health care provider about your health history
- lab tests/blood work
- a pelvic exam
- an ultrasound
- medications to make the abortion more comfortable
- medication if you are Rh negative
- antibiotics or other medications
- birth control information
- a birth control method
At times there may be protesters outside of the health center. We suggest you avoid interaction with them.
Laws and Regulations
http://www.dhcs.ca.gov/formsandpubs/laws/Pages/default.aspx Steps to Access Information at the Above Site:
1. Click on Statutes (California Law).
2. Click on "Health and Safety Code."
3. Search for Sections 123460-123468.
1. Click on Regulations (Existing).
2. Click on "Search for a Specific Regulatory Section."
3. In Title, Type "22" or "17."
4. In Section, Type "75040, 75041, 75042, 75043, 75044, or 50063.5" for Title "22" and/or Type "2500 or "5151" for Title 17.
Payment is expected at time of service unless other arrangements have previously been made.
Abortion services may be covered by your insurance. If you want to use your insurance, please be sure to bring in your insurance information at the time of your visit.