Servicios de salud para mujeres in Charlottesville, VA
Charlottesville Health Center offers the following women's health services:
- checkups when you have a reproductive/sexual health problem
- breast exams
- cervical cancer screening
- fibroids evaluation
- incontinence education
- infertility education
- infertility testing
- LEEP (treatment of abnormal pap)
- mammogram referrals
- menopause and midlife – testing and treatment
- Pap test
- sexual response education
- routine physicals for women age 13 and older
- urinary tract infections – testing and treatment
- vaginal infections – testing and treatment
- Other services we may provide include help with irregular periods or no periods, painful periods, painful sex, bleeding between periods, menstrual problems (premenstrual syndrome) or even a lost tampon.
Women's health services are available:
- By appointment on:
- Tuesdays: 2:00pm - 7:00pm
- Wednesdays: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Thursdays: 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Saturdays: 9:00am - 1:00pm
Here’s what you need to know in preparation for a women's health visit at this health center:
Do not douche, have sex, or put anything in your vagina 24 hours before your pelvic exam. It is best if you are not having your menstrual period for some types of visits. Contact us if you have questions.
Checkups for gynecological concerns may require a pelvic exam.
For the testing and treatment of urinary tract infections, we will need to collect a urine sample at the time of your visit.
For the testing and treatment of vaginal infections, a pelvic exam may be required.
We offer education and treatment for menopause and midlife issues, including non-hormonal treatment(s).
Referrals for mammograms require a breast exam within the last 12 month(s,).
A Pap test is sometimes needed during a routine checkup.
Cervical cancer screening requires a pelvic exam and Pap test.
Prices and Payment Information
Please contact this health center for women's services pricing information.
If you do not find what you are looking for here, please go to the general health information page .The following sexual health services are listed separately: