Servicios de aborto in Harrisburg, PA
Harrisburg Medical Center offers the following abortion services:
- abortion pill (medication abortion)
- pre- and post-abortion patient education
- post-abortion follow-up exams
- referrals for other abortion services, as needed
Here's what you need to know about abortion services at this health center:
Abortion Pill (Medication Abortion)
Abortion pill (medication abortion) is offered up to 10 weeks and 0 days after the start of your last menstrual period.
If your last period was more than 10 weeks and 0 days ago, we can still help. Call us for a referral list of health care providers in your area that offer other abortion services.
Abortion pill (medication abortion) services are available by appointment only.
Plan to be at the health center for 2-4 hour(s) for your entire abortion pill visit (medication abortion).
You will need to follow up within 1-2 weeks to make sure your abortion is complete and that you are well. In the unlikely event that you are still pregnant, you may need another dose of medication or to have an in-clinic abortion to end the pregnancy.
After your abortion pill visit, you will need access to a telephone, transportation, and backup medical care available to you once you are home.
Other Abortion Services Information
If you take any medications, please continue to take these medications normally before your appointment.
Please do not bring children with you to the health center.
During your visit, you may be given the following:
- pregnancy test
- a chance to speak with a trained staff person about all of your choices: abortion, adoption, and parenting
- a conversation with the health care provider about your health history
- lab tests/blood work
- a pelvic exam
- an ultrasound
- medications to make the abortion more comfortable
- medication if you are Rh negative
- antibiotics or other medications
- birth control information
- a birth control method
- 24 hour on-call medical management and support are available.
At times there may be protesters outside of the health center. We suggest you avoid interaction with them. This health center offers escorts to walk you inside to your appointment.
Laws and Regulations
All patients are required by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to attend an information session at least 24hours prior to the abortion. This session can happen no less than 24 hours before the abortion, but may be scheduled more than 24hours ahead of time, depending on the center’s and patient’s availability. The doctor cannot perform a procedure on a patient who has not completed this requirement. Please note: If you are UNDER 18, a parent or guardian MUST also attend the information session to sign for consent. The same parent or guardian must accompany you to your procedure. If this is not possible, judicial bypass is available. If seeking judicial bypass, please call us for more information.
If you are a minor considering an abortion, please read about parental consent and notification laws that might apply in your state.
Prices and Payment Information
Price ranges for our abortion services are:
- abortion pill (medication abortion) - $500
- up to 11 weeks 6 days - $500
- We accept some insurances, and it is possible they may pay for part or all of your procedure. However, your insurance must be verified prior to your appointment. Please inform us that you’d like to use your insurance when you schedule your appointment to confirm coverage and expected payment. Prices include all tests, labs, consultation, and medications. Payment is due in full on arrival on the day of the appointment in cash, credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover), or a money order. No checks. If you are using someone else’s credit card, that person must be present at your appointment with ID matching the name on the card. If you would like to hear about financial assistance, call us at 800-230-PLAN (7526). If you qualify for assistance, these discounts will only apply if you have the procedure. Quoted costs are based on information you have provided.
Payment is expected at time of service unless other arrangements have previously been made.
Abortion services may be covered by your insurance. If you want to use your insurance, please be sure to bring in your insurance information at the time of your visit.