Servicios de salud para mujeres in Fayetteville, NC
Fayetteville Health Center offers the following women's health services:
- checkups when you have a reproductive/sexual health problem
- breast exams
- cervical cancer screening
- hormone replacement therapy
- mammogram referrals
- menopause and midlife – testing and treatment
- Pap test
- routine physicals for women age 12 and older
- urinary tract infections – testing and treatment
- vaginal infections – testing and treatment
- Other services we may provide include help with irregular periods or no periods, painful periods, painful sex, bleeding between periods, menstrual problems (premenstrual syndrome) or even a lost tampon.
Women's health services are available:
- By appointment on:
- Tuesdays: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Wednesdays: 2:00pm - 7:00pm
- Thursdays: 2:00pm - 7:00pm
- Fridays: 2:00pm - 4:00pm
We have a limited number of same-day appointments: Tues 9-3/ Wed 2-7 / Thu 2-7 / Fri 11-4. If you need to be seen quickly, please call to reserve a slot.
Here’s what you need to know in preparation for a women's health visit at this health center:
Do not douche, have sex, or put anything in your vagina 24 hours before your pelvic exam. It is best if you are not having your menstrual period for some types of visits. Contact us if you have questions.
Checkups for gynecological concerns may require a pelvic exam.
For the testing and treatment of urinary tract infections, we will need to collect a urine sample at the time of your visit.
For the testing and treatment of vaginal infections, a pelvic exam may be required.
Referrals for mammograms require a breast exam within the last 3 month(s,).
A Pap test is sometimes needed during a routine checkup.
Cervical cancer screening requires a pelvic exam and Pap test.
Prices and Payment Information
- comprehensive (routine) gynecological exam visit - $165-$215
- problem-focused gynecological visit - $80-$160
- cervical cancer screening - $95-$140
- colposcopy - $350-$595
- endometrial biopsies - $150-$350
- menopause and midlife - testing and treatment - $215-$255
Some services may have additional charges for lab and blood work.
Payment is expected at time of service unless other arrangements have been previously made.
Some women's services may be covered by your insurance. If you want to use your insurance, please be sure to bring in your insurance information at the time of your visit.
Medicaid does not cover abortion services unless the life of the mother is in danger or cases of rape or incest. With the exception of Medicaid for Pregnant Women and Medicaid when Medicare or Aetna is primary, Medicaid is accepted.