Anticonceptivos in Durham, NC
Durham Health Center offers the following birth control methods:
- birth control implant
- birth control patch
- birth control pill
- birth control shot
- birth control sponge (Today Sponge)
- birth control vaginal ring (NuvaRing)
- female condom
- fertility awareness method
- IUD (hormonal)
- IUD (copper)
Birth control services are available:
- during all business hours by appointment
We have a limited number of same-day appointments: Tues 2-7/ Wed 11-4/ Thu 2-7 / Fri 11-4 / Sat 9-1. It is recommended that you call to reserve a slot.
At Planned Parenthood, we're birth control experts. We'll help you determine the birth control method that is right for you, we can send it to you each month !
Also available in our Chapel Hill office are permanent birth control options: non-surgical essure for women and no-scalpel vasectomy for men.
Get More Information on No-Scalpel Vasectomy service
Birth control refills are available during business hours Tuesday- Saturday.
Here’s what you need to know about birth control at this health center:
Some of the birth control pills that we offer are OCY / TRI / Tri lo / Mircette / Lutera / Levora / Yasmin / Desogen / Trivora
If you qualify, you may be able to receive certain birth control services without a pelvic exam.
If required, you may have to schedule a Pap test or a breast exam before getting a hormonal birth control method.
Proper Attire™, Planned Parenthood’s exclusive line of condoms, is available at this health center.
*** Discounts are available for teens. Patients under 18 receive a 50% discount on all birth control methods excluding Implanon, Essure, and IUD.
Pills by Mail is available at this health center – a service that delivers birth control pills to your home each month. Patients with a current prescription for some of the birth control pills that we offer at our health center can order Pills by Mail.
Prices and Payment Information
Price ranges for our birth control methods are:
- birth control implant - $
- birth control patch - $40
- birth control pill - Please contact this health center for birth control pricing information.
- birth control shot - $100 - $115
- birth control sponge - $6
- birth control vaginal ring (NuvaRing) - $30 per cycle
- cervical cap (FemCap) - $85 + pharmacy charge
- diaphragm - $105 + pharmacy charge
- condom - $1-$5
- female condom - $2
- emergency contraception (morning after pill) - $25- $35
- fertility awareness methods - information only
- IUD (hormonal) - $675
- IUD (copper) - $675
- birth control methods may require an office visit fee - $50- $170
Some services may have additional charges for lab and blood work.
Payment is expected at time of service unless other arrangements have been previously made.
Some birth control may be covered by your insurance. If you want to use your insurance, please be sure to bring in your insurance information at the time of your visit.
You may fill out an application for a Medicaid Family Planning Waiver (MFPW) at our health center. To establish coverage takes 4-7 weeks, so it advisable to apply before you need it. With the exception of Medicaid for Pregnant Women and Medicaid when Medicare is the primary, Medicaid is accepted.