Pruebas, tratamiento y vacunas para enfermedades de transmisión sexual in Chapel Hill, NC
Chapel Hill Health Center offers the following services related to the testing and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs):
- STD testing, diagnosis and treatment, including:
- bacterial vaginosis (BV)
- genital warts
- HIV (testing and diagnosis only)
- trichomoniasis (trich)
- Other STD testing, diagnosis and treatment services are also available. Please ask our staff for more information.
- STD prevention, including:
- dental dams
- HPV vaccine (Gardasil)
- hepatitis B vaccine
- STD/safer sex education
STD testing and treatment services are available:
Vaccines are available:
Here’s what you need to know about STD testing & treatment at this health center:
Many STD tests require a genital exam.
Rapid HIV testing can be done with a blood sample taken from a finger stick. The results are available in 10-40 minutes.
HIV testing is done by a blood draw. The results are available in 5-7 days.
Counseling and confidential (private) testing for STDs are provided by trained staff who are sensitive to your needs and concerns.
Testing for gonarrhea and chlamydia for women is done via a vaginal swab. We can test for gonorrhea and chlamydia using a urine sample for men. If this test shows an infection, then we will provide you with treatment and explain how your partner(s) can be treated.
Individuals ages 19 - 26 who have no health insurance and meet financial criteria may qualify for the Merck Vaccine Patient Assistance Program to receive the HPV vaccine (Gardasil) at no charge. Other fees may apply.
Some vaccines are given in a series over the course of several months, which would require you to return to the health center to get the full benefit.
Prices and Payment Information
Price ranges for our STD testing and treatment services and safer sex products are:
- dental dams - $2
- bacterial vaginosis testing and treatment - $100-$140
- chlamydia testing and treatment - $122-$168
- gonorrhea testing and treatment - $122-$168
- herpes testing - $145-$185
- HIV Testing
- HPV vaccine (Gardasil) for an individual injection - $325-$350
- HPV vaccine (Gardasil) for all three injections - $919-$944
- hepatitis B vaccine for an individual injection - $125
- hepatitis B vaccine for all three injections - $285
- syphilis - $85-$150
- trichomoniasis (trich) - $125-$160
- comprehensive STD testing, including - $180-$300
Clients under 18 receive a 50% discount on all STD testing and treatment.
Payment is expected at time of service unless other arrangements have been previously made.
Some STD testing and treatment services may be covered by your insurance. If you want to use your insurance, please be sure to bring in your insurance information at the time of your visit.
Medicaid does not cover abortion services unless the life of the mother is in danger or in cases of rape or incest. With the exception of Medicaid for Pregnant Women and Medicaid when Medicare are primary, Medicaid is accepted.