- More than 200 million people in developing countries who want to delay or plan childbirth lack access to birth control, information,and services.
- Pregnancy is a leading cause of death for adolescent girls worldwide — nearly 70,000 die every year from complications related to pregnancy and childbirth.
- Half of the world’s population is under 25. Yet young people often face stigma, cultural taboos, discrimination, and misinformation that prevents them from meeting their sexual and reproductive health needs. They need our help to grow into the healthiest generation ever.
For more than 45 years, Planned Parenthood Global, the international arm of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, has worked overseas to break down barriers to health care. In partnership with more than 100 organizations across Africa and Latin America, we advance the health and rights of young people, women, and families, with an emphasis on the most vulnerable and underserved.
We don’t operate Planned Parenthood health centers outside the United States. Instead, we empower local partners and allies with resources, information, and support to stand strong on their own. We help grassroots organizations develop solid reproductive health programs, identify other sources of funding, build their communications and advocacy skills, and develop strategic plans.
To empower allies around the world in providing, promoting and defending access to care.
What We Do
Planned Parenthood Global helps our partners:
• Provide tens of thousands of women, men, and young people with sexual and reproductive health education;
• Provide contraceptives;
• Increase access to treatment for complications from unsafe abortion;
• Increase access to safe abortion care;
• Advocate for laws and policies promoting women’s health in Africa and Latin America.