- Who We Are
- Our Leadership
- Local & State Offices
- Planned Parenthood Global
- The Affordable Care Act
- Birth Control: Plan and Protect Your Future
- Komen Foundation Restores Funding for Breast Cancer Screenings at Planned Parenthood Health Centers
- Let's Talk Month
- Breast Health Initiative
- Executive Team and National Spokespersons
- Press Releases
- In the News
- Fact Sheets & Reports
- PPFA Maggie Awards for Media Excellence
- PPFA Margaret Sanger Award Winners
- Planned Parenthood Gift Policy
- Advisory Boards & Initiatives
- Jobs & Volunteering
- Annual Report
- About This Site
- Contact Us
Statement of Steve Trombley, President and CEO, Planned Parenthood/Chicago Area, September 17, 2007
We were pleased with Judge Norgle’s decision today to deny the City of Aurora’s motion to dismiss.
We look forward to returning to his courtroom on Thursday morning to present Judge Norgle with additional evidence as to why he should grant Planned Parenthood/Chicago Area an injunction to open our health center in Aurora.
We believe that City of Aurora has no legal basis for blocking the opening of the facility and that its revocation of a temporary operating permit is motivated solely by political opposition to the constitutionally protected right to abortion services.
Every day we are not open, we cannot provide much-needed, affordable and accessible health care services to the women of Kane, DuPage, Kendall and Will Counties.