Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) today presented its Champions for Women’s Health Award to seven individuals who work on the staff of several members of the U.S. Congress.
As the nation’s leading women’s health care provider and advocate, Planned Parenthood celebrates the efforts of congressional staff to support women and their reproductive health.
This year’s Champions for Women’s Health Awards were given to
- Kerry Bolger from Representative Diana DeGette’s (D-CO) office
- Amy Fisher from Representative Lois Capps’ (D-CA) office
- Adam Goldstein from Representative Betty Sutton’s (D-OH) office (now with the Glover Park Group)
- Diedra Henry-Spires from Senator Max Baucus’ (D-MT) office
- Oliver Kim from Senator Debbie Stabenow’s (D-MI) office
- Leticia Mederos from Representative Rosa DeLauro’s (D-CT) office
- Mona Shah from Senator Barbara Mikulski’s (D-MD) office
“Planned Parenthood proudly recognizes these seven outstanding individuals for their invaluable work in the U.S. Congress on behalf of women’s health,” said Cecile Richards, president of Planned Parenthood Federation of America. “What many people do not realize is that the staff of members of Congress play a central role in developing legislation and policy of vital importance to women’s health and rights. Giving this award is our opportunity to thank those who have gone above and beyond in support of women’s health.”
The awards were announced during the Planned Parenthood 2010 National Conference in metropolitan Washington, DC, and recognize outstanding work and commitment by House and Senate staff who have helped to advance a proactive agenda for women’s health.
May 14, 2014