TITLE: Health Care Assistant – Counseling
LOCATION: Planned Parenthood of Western Pennsylvania—Downtown Pittsburgh
HOURS: As needed
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS - DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Conduct all elements of the pre-procedure interview and refers for other services as appropriate
· Notify an administrator of unusual problems or circumstances concerning patient that might threaten to interfere with patient care.
Procedure Room Counseling/ Flow Facilitator Responsibilities
· Prepare procedure room; includes obtaining all equipment needed. Clean up afterwards.
· Utilize relaxation techniques to reduce patient’s anxiety and pain management.
· Assist during procedure including reporting occurrences of pertinent physical or emotional changes in patient’s condition to the physician.
· Organize and coordinate activities of staff and physicians in clinic flow
Phone Room Responsibilities
· Answer phone promptly and schedule appointments.
· Compile client lists for clinic appointments and doctor’s call sheets as needed.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· High-school diploma or GED.
· Must have two years educational and/or work experience after high school.
· Act 33, 34 and 73 clearances
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Works collaboratively to promote and maintain PPWP’s productivity standards, customer service and revenue cycle goals.
· The capability to learn a large amount of technical information quickly and adapt to changes.
· Excellent assessment skills including using objectivity to assist client in decision-making.
· Manual dexterity to handle medical equipment.
· Ability to stand for extended periods of time to assist in procedure rooms and complete medical clinic duties.
· Fast-paced medical setting.
· Exposure to blood-borne pathogens.
· Could be required to work extended day.
Planned Parenthood of Western PA is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates should send a resume & cover letter to Sara Roberts at email@example.com.
Providing patient education.
- Register clients in patient management software and generate charge-tickets.
- Conduct patient interviews to include vital signs, LMP, PMP, and patient needs assessment.
- Perform basic lab duties to include pregnancy testing, urinalyses, hemocue, venipuncture, injections and preparing lab specimens for transport to respective laboratories.
- Perform assigned maintenance, calibration, and quality control on equipment.
- Set up, maintain, and clean exam rooms.
- Clean instruments and sterilize as indicated.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Highly motivated, outgoing, creative person with demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- High school Diploma or GED
- Medical Assistant Preferred
Planned Parenthood of Western PA is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates should send a resume & cover letter to Alicia Romano at firstname.lastname@example.org