Planned Parenthood of Utah provides free confidential counseling on all pregnancy options.
Text4Baby: Pregnant women and new mothers who text BABY (or BEBE for Spanish) to 511411 receive weekly text messages, timed to their due date or birth date. Visit text4baby.org
For medically accurate abortion information you can call:
- Planned Parenthood Metro Clinic: 801-257-6789
- Utah Women's Clinic: 801-531-9192
- Wasatch Women's Center: 801-263-2111
- Mountain View Women's Center: 801-272-5289
- Grand Junction Women's Clinic: 970-241-1943
Here are the relevant policies regarding abortion in Utah.
An abortion may be performed in this state only by a physician
If you are under the age of 18 you can get an abortion in Utah. For more information please call our Metro Clinic at 801-257-6789.
In Utah there is a 72 hour waiting period before having an abortion. This waiting period involves you getting informed consent. This information must be given in person by a licensed health care worker. It includes:
Medically accurate information regarding all abortion procedures.
The Utah Department of Health has an informational video that you can watch free of charge at http://health.utah.gov/mihp/Abortion/abortion.htm
You will be informed in your face-to-face consultation that: You have the right to view an ultrasound of the unborn child, at no expense to you, upon your request. For more information please call the Maternal and Infant Health Program at 801-538-9970.
A Pastoral Letter: A letter of support from local pastors.
For Adoption call the following for more information:
- Utah Division of Family Services: 801-265-0444 (www.dcfs.utah.gov/adoption.htm and https://www.utdcfsadopt.org/index.shtml)
- LDS Family Services: 1-800-537-2229 (https://www.itsaboutlove.org/ial/ct/eng/site/pregnant/)
- Children's Aid Society: 1-800-273-8671 or 801-393-8671 (http://www.casutah.org/)
- Children's Service Society: 877-355-744 (http://www.cssutah.org/pageview.aspx?id=16698)
For Prenatal Care call the following for more information: