Part Time Surgical Services RN
UHPP is a trusted community healthcare agency that is looking for a nurse who wants to make a difference, with a lot of energy and commitment to providing the best care possible to everyone who walks through our door!
Under the direction of the Center Director, the R.N. will function as a member of the interdisciplinary team. The R.N. is responsible for the delivery of patient care utilizing the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care.
1. Responsible for preparation and maintenance of exam rooms, instruments and clinic supplies.
2. Participates in all aspects of patient care, including interviewing, screening, and triaging of patients, patient education, assisting the clinicians and assisting the physician in the surgical room. All aspects of patient care must be presented factually and un-biased, including birth control options and abortion.
3. Assists in laboratory testing, including phlebotomy and the recording, reporting, referring, and follow-up of specimens as needed.
4. Responsible for delivery of IV Medication.
5. Assists with analgesia and sedation, including ambulatory assistance and wheelchair assistance as needed.
6. Monitor recovering patients post analgesia and sedation.
7. Maintains patient charts and records in accordance with clinic standards and guidelines, assuring confidentiality of all records.
8. Conducts patient education as it relates to each patient's specific health problem, and initiates appropriate referrals as needed.
9. Completes all paperwork to insure timely and accurate patient transactions.
10. Assists Clinical Coordinator in monitoring patient flow to assure timely patient care.
11. Participates in quality assurance and/or continuous quality improvement activities as assigned.
12. Attend HIV/AIDS training sessions related to testing and counseling on HIV as assigned.
13. Participates in HIV screening, testing and follow-up. Provides HIV risk assessment evaluation, pre-test counseling, testing, and post-test counseling to UHPP patients as assigned.
14. Maintains current CPR Certification.
15. Provides clinical supervision of unlicensed personnel and Licensed Practical Nurses as needed.
16. Performs other related functions as assigned.
* Licensed and currently registered to practice in New York State as a Registered Professional Nurse
* Interested and knowledgeable in the field of family planning.
* Able to relate comfortably, professionally and nonjudgmentally to patients at all levels.
* Accurate, well-organized and able to work well under pressure.
* Bi-lingual a huge plus!
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
One of the fundamental beliefs guiding Planned Parenthood is that the respect and value for all types of diversity in all aspects of our organization are essential to our effectiveness and organizational well-being. We are an equal opportunity employer.