Before your appointment it is a good idea to purchase sanitary pads and a pain reliever (ibuprofen, naproxen, or acetaminophen - no aspirin) to use at home after your procedure.
Minors: Your parent or legal guardian must stay in the clinic while you are here.
You should eat a light meal.
Wear loose-fitting clothing.
Shower or bathe before arriving.
Plan on being here from 3 to 5 hours. Your individual needs may require a longer stay.
Some women will need to receive a special medication (misoprostol) to soften the cervix before the procedure. The waiting time after taking this medication varies, depending on each patient. You will need to stay in the clinic after taking this medication.
- Payment in full for services:
Acceptable methods of payment include: money order, traveler's checks, certified cashier's check, MasterCard, Visa or Discover credit cards or debit cards (card owner must be present) - no cash payments.
- Your photo ID
- Extra sanitary pads (especially if you have a long ride home)
- Someone to drive you home (all patients receiving mild (pill) or IV sedation must have a driver)
- Patients with Asthma must bring their inhaler(s)
- Patients with Diabetes must bring all testing supplies, eat a normal breakfast, and take a 1/2 does of insulin the day of their procedure
- Patients with Seizure Disorder should take prescribed medications as usual
- Patients with Hypertension (high blood pressure) should take prescribed medications as usual
Do not bring:
- Food or drinks
- Children (children are not allowed in the clinic)