Six Rivers Planned Parenthood educates and advocates for access to reproductive health care and international family planning. This is accomplished by:
- Supporting a volunteer International Advocate who has represented SRPP at two United Nations Conferences and given over 100 talks about international issues to local groups
- Hosting public speakers from all over the world including physicians from Iran and Afghanistan
- Contacting our legislators about policies that affect women and families internationally such as the "Gag Rule "
- Establishing connections with sister clinics and medical providers in developing countries including St.Kitts, Nicaragua, Iran, China and Afghanistan
- Informing our community through newsletter articles and displays in libraries and bookstores
- Working with city councils to encourage proclamations in observance of International Population Awareness Week
To schedule a talk for a class or group about the effects of our world’s growing population and examples of differing family planning programs by our International Advocate call (707) 442-2961.