We are religious leaders who value all human life. We accept that religions differ about when life begins. We are here to help.
We believe that human life is holy. That's why we believe in your right to choose to be a parent or not.
It can be helpful to talk with friends you trust, with licensed counselors, and with whatever religious person you choose. Humboldt County Clergy are available to talk with you about the spiritual aspects of choice. Find out more by calling Six Rivers Planned Parenthood at (707) 442-2961.
Download a Clergy for Choice brochure to learn more.
Humboldt County Clergy for Choice invite you to join them in
40 Days of Prayer & Contemplation
Set aside time with your family and community to support women & reproductive justice for 40 days from March 13th through April 21st.
Join Six Rivers Planned Parenthood’s Clergy for Choice at the following gatherings:
- Monday, March 25th at noon at the Gazebo in Old Town Eureka – Join The Reverend Eric Duff in a celebration of women & reproductive rights.
- Tuesday, March 26th at sundown at Temple Beth El in Eureka - Hosted by Rabbi Naomi Steinberg during Passover Seder with prayer, discussion, refreshments and fellowship.
- Friday, April 5th at noon at Six Rivers Planned Parenthood in Eureka – A celebration hosted by Montanna Jones and Humboldt Faith Equality.
- Sunday, April 7th from 7-9 pm at the Humboldt Unitarian Universalist Fellowship in Bayside - Dances of Universal Peace (Sufi Dances) honoring the spiritual wisdom of women, past and present, Co-Hosted by Scott Sattler.
SRPP's Clergy for Choice would like to share 40 Days Prayers created by Faith Aloud - www.faithaloud.org
WEBSITES ABOUT SEX & RELIGION
- Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice
- Catholics for Choice
- The Religious Institute for Sexual Morality, Justice and Healing
- Spiritual Youth for Reproductive Freedom