In the 1920's, Margaret Sanger influenced the advent of Birth Control Leagues throughout the country. Inspired by her, a group of concerned physicians' wives organized birth control services in the Greater Camden, NJ area. The first birth control clinic opened in 1936, at offices of Dr. Horner and Dr. Rogers in Camden, under sponsorship of the Maternal Health League.
In 1940 the group was recognized as the PLANNED PARENTHOOD LEAGUE OF SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY, an affiliate of Planned Parenthood Federation of America.
The agency grew over the years to occupy three row houses on Benson Street in Camden. Bursting at the seams with medical services and education, a new state-of-the-art facility was built in 1995 in downtown Camden.
Today the agency is respected as a major leader and provider of reproductive health and education services to clients throughout Camden, Burlington and Atlantic Counties.