Women make up 95% of our clientele and most are young – 52% are under the age of 25 and 17% are teens. Clients also reflect the diversity of the communities served by PPSP: 32% Latino, 13% African American, 7% Asian/Pacific Islander, 9% encompass the many other races and ethnicities present in northern California, and 39% White. More than 90% of our clients are low income and rely on government subsidies for their health care.
• Treated nearly 75,000 women, men and teens at 17 full-service
health centers and 11 satellite sites.
• Provided real comprehensive sexuality education, youth development,
case management and counseling services to 33,437 youth, teens,
adults and parents.
• Provided case management services for 330 pregnant and parenting
teens, supporting them through a healthy pregnancy and helping them
graduate from high school or obtain a G.E.D
• Opened the doors of a new health center at the El Cerrito Plaza in
Contra Costa County.
• Purchased, renovated and opened the expanded health center in
Chico, increasing capacity by 300 percent.
Turning to the year ahead, we have expanded even further, to provide Planned Parenthood services in the counties of San Francisco, Sonoma, Marin and Mendocino. To reflect this growth, we are changing our name to Planned Parenthood Shasta Pacific.
FULL RANGE OF REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH SERVICES
• Family Planning • Testing & Treatment of Sexually Transmitted Infections • Birth Control • Rapid HIV Testing & Counseling for AIDS • Pregnancy Testing & Counseling • Vasectomy (select sites) • Prenatal Care (select sites) • Menopause / Midlife Services • Cervical Cancer Screening (Pap tests) • Management of Abnormal Paps • Breast Exams & Mammogram Referrals • Male Health Services • Emergency Contraception • Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) Immunizations • Medication Abortion (Abortion Pill) • In Clinic Abortion (select sites)
COMMUNITY SERVICES & EDUCATION (CSE)
• Case Management for Pregnant and Parenting Teens • Puberty Workshops • HIV / AIDS Case Management • Peer Education and Outreach • Sex Education and Counseling for
Developmentally Disabled Youth and Adults
• Midlife / Menopause Education
• Bilingual Education Program
• School Based Education Programs • Teen Pregnancy Prevention Programs • Parent / Child Sex Education Workshops